Spring Contained

6x8" oil on masonite

My son Teddy is like me (and many others in my family ) a nature lover. He knows tons about animals and birds, he's constantly filling up buckets with small creatures he finds, he's got a 'bird sketchbook' he's been working on and is trying to turn our house into a 'nature lab'-like the one at RISD which we love to visit. This is one of his finds - a little chickadee nest he found after a wind storm - (fyi-its illegal to take a nest out of a tree or bush, this one was on our driveway).

He's upgraded his presentation from old salsa jars to my wedding china and a handblown glass cloche, an idea he stole directly from my mother whose got another bigger nest he found displayed the same way. So the question is...if he's 'nature boy' does that make me 'Mother Nature'???
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...