Go Your Own Way - daily painting, beach scene

6x6" oil on masonite panel.
As artists we often question ourselves - at least I do, but I suspect I'm not alone....we wonder is this right?, should I paint more realistically?, more painterly?, less realistically?, should I paint like him ?or larger? etc etc etc.
It is a constant daily battle and in the end makes us grow if it doesnt freeze us up!! If I dont listen to all these negative little messages - my true artist self emerges...it cant help it...and its OK-.

Go Your Own Way. Your own voice always works...it just does.

5 comments

Carol Horzempa said...

Beautiful! You have some really nice paintings on your blog! Going "your way" is the best way.

Michelle said...

No question about it, it looks great! Wonderful brushwork. I love the pink crocs. :)

Gwen Bell said...

Love your entire Beach Series and the creative addition of clothes in this one...you are a true Artist! It is encouraging to read that you still grapple with the age old questions of how to approach a painting.

r garriott said...

Truer words were never spoken.

Great painting! Your brush strokes emphasis her brisk and purposeful stride.

Debbie Miller said...

thank you for all the comments folks and yes! everyday its a struggle:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...