Reflecting

6x6" oil on masonite

I paint this alot - people -actually girls mostly- staring out at the ocean. While painting, I was thinking about that and decided that I'm drawn to this kind of image because 1. its familiar, 2. when creating you tap into your 'inner child' - well at least you should, in my opinion- so in a way I am painting myself. Does that make any sense? dont know. but the artist I am now is in many ways the child I was. and 3. just dang fun to paint :-)

So I guess take a second to reflect on yourself as a kid, what did you like to do? Do you do any of those things anymore? You should...take yourself on a playdate.

2 comments

Todd Bonita said...

Hello from another daily painter and fellow New Englandah..Raised in Mass-living in NH. I love your work, particularly your beach series with the figures..fantastic work.

All my best to you,
Todd

Roxanne Steed said...

What a great thought - 'take yourself on a play date' - never thought about that in painting,hmm. Love your work, the snow scenes & the beach scenes, too. Cheers, from another daily painter (southern transplant to New England) living here on the CT coastline,
Roxanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...