A Spring Thing - daily painting,floral still life


12x12" oil on panel $300
not a big fan of painting green or yellow so I challanged myself today with this. - it was hard, first it was hard deciding WHAT to paint, then I moved the stuff around a million times, then the decision making of 'what color where' started. I think to much with green instead of just instinctively putting down color,value, line etc. Really I love those days when I paint and my mind is somewhere else - thinking,listening to music, daydreaming then I focus and 'hey thats a nice painting' . Its a form of meditating I suppose. Today, I had that a little but mostly it was struggling with color.
I was going to do some little ones also but now I have a headache! so this is it for today.

4 comments

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I don't think you should paint anything that gives you a headache! But seriously, this looks great - I like the blues in your greens!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful Love the colors and the setup.

Diana Marshall said...

Brilliant painting, one of my favourites and the colours are beautiful I can't say which bit I like best, the purple pansies or the hints of red base color showing through. Love it.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I can relate to moving everything around, and around and around :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...