Winter Branches

12x12 oil on panel

 After one of our resent snow storms I was outside taking in all the winter magic, photographing the snow on the branches.  They reminded me of the above paintings from February 1997- the very first oil paintings I had done in a very very long time.
  Being a mom of 3 boys, there wasn't a lot of time for oil painting. It was a busy time.  Folding laundry in my basement and looking up through the window at the branches...I had been thinking about painting for a while.  The branches and the play of light got me and since my boys were at school,  I dug out my old oil paints from college,found some wood boards and did these 3 paintings.
 It has been no looking back and unfolded laundry ever since! 


No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...