The Garden Wall Project

NFDP
 I love gardening.  In fact if I wasn't a painter I would be a garden designer ( I actually worked as one for a summer).  Color theory, creating compositions and solving problems are all skills an artist hones while creating a painting and a garden becomes a giant expression of the gardener/artist.
In my little suburban, zone 6b garden, my plan is to create garden rooms.  My garden philosophy is that a garden should have surprises. A successful garden is one that does not reveal itself all at once but offers a new experience as you move throughout it.  Which brings us to this years project : the garden trellis wall.

I am trying to divide our yard into 3 distinct "rooms" - the deck/dining area, the firepit garden and the shed garden.  To achieve this we needed to create a wall between the deck and the "shed garden".  Also this blocks the view of a neighbors house - making for a very private deck area and the perfect support for vines.
I figured out exactly what I wanted, drew up a plan and recruited my husband and his handy friend to do build it.

I won't go into the step by steps here - you can google 'how to build a trellis' or similar for all the how - to's you will ever need. (Or get someone with the know - how to do it like I did!)
The guys did a great job, but you know I couldn't leave it natural right?
 No, I like black as a back drop for plants.  When the clematis grows up this, the flowers will really POP!

you can see I tried out different fountains... more on these next week.

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...